• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Immigration Solicitors

Immigration Solicitors

Family Visa Application

Spouse Visa Applications

Fiancee Visa Applications

Domestic Violence Applications

Visa Extensions

Indefinate Leave to Remain

Naturalisation British Citizenship

Sponsorship Declarations

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807

    Immigration Solicitors

    Our experienced immigration law team that can help you or your sponsor with all areas of immigration law from applying to come to the United Kingdom for the first time for a visit or to study or to settle, to extending your visa, applying for settlement or applying for a British passport.

    Within our ethnically diverse firm, we benefit from the knowledge and the skill of many lawyers who are experts in the field of immigration law.

    Your case will be handled by an immigration lawyer who matches your individual and professional needs. Your lawyer will work with you to assess your needs and eligibility, and advise you of the best application to make and support you every step of the way.

    We offer a personal and friendly solution for all of your needs with a dedicated handling team, we are able to represent clients from a variety of backgrounds. We bring a friendly and welcoming approach to all of our services. From your initial one to one consultation, we keep you up to date with our work at every stage and are always striving to exceed your expectations of us across the board.

    Our team here at LPS care about your future, which is why we offer a no obligation free consultation. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website or you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.

    Some of our specialist services include:

    Visit Visa

    Visit visas are for people wanting to spend some time in the UK as a tourist or to visit your family and your friends.

    There are a number of requirements that need to be met for a visit visa and our immigration lawyers will guise you through what is required to fulfil these requirements. Also, some visit visas are sponsored by a sponsor who is already resident in the United Kingdom and we can also assist your sponsor with what they will require.

    Spouse Visa

    Spouse Visas are more commonly known as a UK Marriage Visa. Your spouse must be settled in the UK (indefinite leave to remain) or hold a British passport. Both spouse’s must be 18 or over to apply for a Marriage Visa.

    A marriage visa can allow you to join your British partner for 30 months and will be extended for a further 30 months if certain eligibility conditions are met.

    With the help of our specialist immigration solicitors, we can guide your sponsor/British partner to apply for a spouse visa and this is the first step towards Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

    Fiancée Visa

    To apply for a Fiancée visa, you must be able to prove you are either a fiancée or a proposed civil partner and will enter a legally recognised marriage or enter a civil partnership in the United Kingdom within 6 months of arriving.

    You must also have a good knowledge of English and must be able to financially supported by your fiancée who resides in the United Kingdom.

    You will not be able to work during your engagement. A fiancée or proposed civil partner who is applying for a visa will only be granted permission to stay in the United Kingdom for 6 months and will have to extend their stay after this.

    Once you have entered a legally recognised marriage or civil partnership, we will help you to extend your stay and change category to a spouse visa.

    Further Leave to Remain

    If you are already in the United Kingdom and need to apply for further leave to remain, we can assist you with this. The Application is usually made within the same category that you were granted entry clearance in but if your circumstances have changed then we can also assist you with how to apply under a different category.

    If you are applying under the spouse route you will be granted a further 30-month visa.

    Indefinite Leave to Remain

    Qualifying for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom depends on what type of visa or visas you have held whilst you have been in the United Kingdom. Generally speaking, Indefinite lease to Remain is applied for after you have been in the United Kingdom for 5 years lawfully. Absences during this period are allowed within the remit of the criteria.

    With Indefinite Leave to Remain you can live in the United Kingdom indefinitely without any restrictions on travel and immigration. You can work, study and claim public benefits.

    When you can apply for Indefinite leave to Remain depends on the visa held:

    Partner of a British Citizen or Person settled in the UK visa After five if you meet the requirements or ten years if you do not meet the requirements
    Tier 1 visa After five years
    Tier 2 visa In limited circumstances only, after five years
    UK ancestry visa After five years
    Retired Person visa After five years
    Discretionary Leave to Remain Six years
    Long residence After ten years continuous legal residency in the UK
    Returning resident If settled in the UK prior to departure and returning to the UK within two years of departure, then may be able to apply immediately on return

    We can assist you with application for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom. You will need to show you meet the financial and English language requirements for this.

    Our other services include:

    • Student Visas
    • Visa extensions
    • Dependent Children or Family Applications
    • Naturalisation and British Citizenship
    • EEA Applications
    • Residence Cards
    • Sponsorship Declarations
    • Settlement Applications
    • Appeals against Visa refusals
    • Appeals against Home Office refusals
    • UK Work visas
    • Business visas
    • Bail Applications for Immigration Detainees
    • Family Reunion Applications

    This list is by no means exhaustive, and we are often able to tailor our services to your specific needs. Discuss your individual circumstances with our immigration solicitors today.

    For more information about our immigration services in the UK, contact us now on 08009961807, chat to us online, or text 4myclaim to 88802 to find out more.

    What to do now?

    We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

    LPS - The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Why Choose Us?

      • Expert Immigration Solicitors Advice
      • Expericed Soliters
      • Hassle Free Processes
      • No Win No Fee
      • Nationwide Support
      • Law Society Accredited
      • Quick Results
      • Free Initial No Obligation Advice

      Offering Real Time Support Nationwide

      Our firm will treat you as an individual and not a number; we genuinely care about you and your family’s wellbeing. We are dedicated team experienced in dealing with complex cases. We will offer support at every step of the way and ensure that you are supported throughout you case/claim. We also have access to a range of experts that can assist us ensuring that your case/claim will present in best possible way. We offers a free no-obligation consultation so why not take us up on this offer and decide if we are the expert solicitors for you.

      Get in Touch

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      What Are the UK Child Dependent Visa requirements?
      The dependent child of a British Citizen or a person with settled status can apply for permission to enter and remain in the UK temporarily or permanently. To qualify, the Home Office must be satisfied that the child is:

      • under the age of 18;
      • not leading an independent life;
      • not married or in a civil partnership; and
      • has not formed an independent family unit.

      There are several additional requirements, with more for adopted children.

      If the parent of the dependent child applies to enter or remain in the UK as a partner or parent, they must meet a financial requirement. In all other cases, the parent will need to show they can accommodate the child without help from public funds. In some cases, depending on the status of the parent(s) settlement, the child may need to apply as a points-based system (PBS) dependent

      More information on Child Dependent Visas

      Am I eligible for an Adult Dependent Visa?
      As the parent, grandparent, sibling or child over the age of 18 of a British citizen or a person with settled status in the UK, you can only apply for permission to come here in exceptional circumstances, ie; where you need long-term personal care that your UK sponsor can provide.

      The application must be made from outside the UK and your visa must be obtained before travelling.

      More information on Adult Dependent Visas

      Am I eligible for a UK Ancestry Visa?
      You may be eligible for a British Ancestry Visa if you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country and one of your grandparents was born in either the UK, before March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland or on a British-registered ship or aircraft.
      You cannot claim UK ancestry through step-parents.

      A British Ancestry Visa allows holders to live, work and study in the UK for a period of up to five years, at which point they may be eligible to apply for a renewal or apply for settled status in the UK.

      Find out more about UK Ancestry Visas

      Can I join my migrant relative in the UK?

      As the partner or dependent child (under 18) of a migrant who is in or coming to the UK under most categories of the points-based system, you can apply for a visa to join them here as a PBS dependent.

      You will need to show that:

      • you intend to live with the migrant worker, and
      • your relationship is genuine.

      Or for children:

      • you have not formed an independent family unit, or
      • are leading an independent life.

      The migrant worker will also need to prove that they can support you without relying on public funds.

      Is there a visa for parents of British citizens?
      As as the parent of a child who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply for permission to enter or stay here. You will need to show that:

      • you have sole responsibility for the child, or at the very least access rights;
      • you can maintain yourself without relying on public funds;
      • you meet the suitability and English language requirements.

      If you meet all the requirements you will be given temporary permission to remain in the UK for 30 months. You will be eligible to stay for a further 30 months if you continue to meet the requirements and after five years you can apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).

      If you are outside the UK you must obtain your visa before travelling.

      If you are already in the UK you will be eligible so long as you are not on a Visitor Visa or on temporary admission, permission to stay was not given for a period of less than six months (unless as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) and you are not in breach of the Immigration Rules (overstaying for less than 28 days will not be taken into account).

      I am here under the Points Based System (PBS) - can my family members join me?
      Yes, generally your family members will be able to join you if you are in the UK on a visa under the Points Based System. For further information, you may want to take a look at Spouse/Partner Visas, as well as Dependent Visas, or speak to one of our immigration experts.
      I have been refused a Family Visa UK – can I appeal?

      As the law currently stands, you will be able to appeal in the event that your UK Family Visa is refused.

      In the event that your application is refused, there may be other options even after the refusal. Speak to an immigration lawyer to get the best and most up to date advice.

      The law at the present time in respect of Visit Visas does not allow for a full right of appeal. You can only appeal such visas on very restricted grounds. If you have been refused a Family Visit Visa it is advisable to speak to one of our experts to advise on your options.

      What services does LPS offer?

      With our team of expert immigration lawyers, we will be able to assist you with any type of Family Visa application.

      We will:

      • assess your eligibility for a Family Visa;
      • assess whether your UK relative is eligible to act as your sponsor;
      • help you make sure you have acceptable proof of your relationship to your relative for your application;
      • perform a full document check to ensure that they are sufficient;
      • confer with you in person, via phone or Skype at a suitable time for you;
      • prepare a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This is a document containing information about your case and its merits. It will also reference all relevant UK immigration laws that might support your application;
      • liaise with the Home Office throughout the process;
      • complete each part of your application in full and to a professional standard

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634