• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Passenger Accident Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Passenger Accident Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

  • Free initial

  • No hidden

  • Hassle free
    claims process

  • No Win No Fee

passenger accident injury compensation claims

I Was A Passenger In A Road Traffic Accident, Can I Claim?

If you were a passenger in a Road traffic accident, then you may be entitled to make a personal compensation claim.

We know it isn’t just the drivers of the vehicle that get injured and suffer as a result of a road traffic accident, passengers are highly likely to get injured as well.

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident as a passenger in a vehicle, then contact us today to see how we can help. We know how costly the result of receiving an injury from an accident can be as well as the potential long-lasting effects it has on your day-to-day life. We can offer no-obligation advice, guidance and support through this traumatic time. And if you are happy to proceed with your claim, we can get your claim set up with one of our specialist solicitors who has a proven success rate with passenger claims.

Suffering an injury can be stressful enough but unfortunately, it doesn’t always stop there, there’s the added strain of having to take time off work, paying for medication, treatment etc. which can all build up.

That’s where claiming compensation can help, we know it won’t take all your worries away, but claiming compensation will help with the financial side of things, relieving that stress and pressure and helping you focus on what’s essential, your recovery.

Direct Solicitors offer a No Win No Fee agreement, so if you want to start your claim today or even discuss your options further then contact our team today on 08009961807, we can advise on your eligibility and get your claim started today on No Win No Fee basis.

Who Will Pay My Compensation?

If the car you were a passenger in has been involved in an accident with another motorist then they should by UK law, have valid insurance. Therefore, your compensation claim will be paid by the insurance company of the vehicle at fault.

What If The Vehicle Was Uninsured?

Unfortunately, some reckless drivers don’t have a valid insurance policy but it would be unfair for you to lose your rights due to this. Therefore, if the driver of the vehicle that was at fault was uninsured then you don’t have to worry about being left out of pocket, you will still be able to make a claim, in this instance, the Motors Insurers’ Bureau will pay the compensation.

What if there wasn’t another vehicle involved, who will pay then?

If your accident was as a result of poor road surface conditions then your claim would be made against the Highway Agency or the local council, as it is their responsibility to ensure the road surface is properly maintained for safe road use.

So if you have been injured as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault then contact our team today on 08009961807. Our team are trained to deal with queries and will be able to advise and guide you regarding your rights and the next steps you need to take to get your claim started. If you are happy to proceed with your claim, we can get everything set up for you today. Direct Solicitors will deal with your claim on a No Win No Fee basis.

What If The Driver Of The Vehicle I Was In Was At Fault?

We understand that claiming against a friend or family member can feel a bit uncomfortable.

If you were involved in a road traffic accident as a passenger in a friend or family member’s vehicle, then don’t worry your claim will not leave that person out of pocket. Their insurance company will be the one that will pay your compensation, so you can start to get your life back on track without worrying about your loved one having to pay a bill they cannot afford.

In the UK a large number of accidents are caused by intoxicated drivers. If the person driving the vehicle was under the influence and over the legal limit it is likely it can affect the amount of compensation you would be entitled to if you were aware of it, it could even affect your entire right to claim.

However, if your driver was intoxicated past the legal limit and you were unaware, then this should not affect your right to claim.

If you wish to find out more about your rights and or want to discuss claiming against a family member or friend then contact on 08000 250 250. Direct Solicitors will be able to help you with your queries, there is no-obligation, but if you want to proceed with a claim, we can get you started today

What to do now?

We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

Your Clam

Start your personal injury claim now!

Check Now

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807

    passenger accident injury compensation claims

    I’ve Had An Accident On Public Transport, Does This Affect My Right To Passenger Accident Claim?

    When travelling on public transport such as a bus, taxi or train, we don’t expect to be involved in an accident. Therefore, if the worst does happen, it can leave you in a considerable amount of shock and stress.
    All public transport drivers owe their passengers a duty of care to drive responsibly and safely to ensure your safety. If they have failed to do this and as a result, you have been injured then you could be entitled to make a personal compensation claim.

    The common types of passenger accidents caused by public transport drivers include:

    • A taxi or bus driver colliding with another vehicle
    • A bus driver pulling away before you have safely cleared the entrance/exit of the bus causing you to fall
    • If you were a passenger on a train that collided with something e.g. another train
    • Careless driving by a bus driver causing you to hit your head on the seat in front and fall/down, off your seat

    These are a few examples and there are many other ways a passenger could have been injured as a result of an accident on public transport.

    If you’d like to find out more about your rights and how to make a claim for an accident on public transport that wasn’t your fault, contact us on 08009961807. Our advisor can answer any questions you may have, tell you if you are eligible to make a claim and if you are happy to proceed to get your claim set up today.

    I Was A Passenger On A Motorcycle And Had An Accident, Can I Still Make A Claim?

    Motorcycle accidents can happen so quickly and easily, the injury and the suffering caused can be severe and have lasting effects. If you have been involved as a passenger in a motorcycle accident, then you could be entitled to compensation.
    Although we know compensation won’t undo the damage caused it can go along the way to helping you get back on the road to normality, contact our legal advice team today and see how we can help you.

    I Wasn’t Wearing My Seatbelt When The Accident Happened, Will This Affect My Right To Claim?

    Not only is it the law in the UK that all persons over the age of 14 must wear an adult seatbelt if one is available and children under the age of 14 should wear a child restraint or standard seatbelt, but it is also for your own safety.
    It is highly advisable to wear a seatbelt when one is available to avoid receiving extensive injuries. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident as a passenger but wasn’t wearing a seatbelt that was available then you still might be eligible to claim but the amount you can receive for your injuries may be impacted and you could receive less compensation.

    To discuss this further and find out your rights, contact our team today on 08009961807., they will be able to advise you and answer any queries you may have.

    How Can I Make A Passenger Accident Claim?

    If you have been involved in an accident in the last three years that wasn’t your fault, then contact us today and see how we can help you.
    We are a recognised specialist solicitors who have a proven success rate when dealing with passenger claims.
    If you want to claim for injuries sustained in an accident, we can help you through the entire process and get everything set up for you in one quick and simple phone call. Our legal team will answer any questions you have in a no-obligation chat; then if you are happy to proceed, we can get your claim set up today and ensure your case is dealt with by a solicitor who will be best suited to deal with your claim.

    What Is The Process Of Passenger Accident Claim?

    Once your claim has been set up and you are happy to proceed, your solicitor will then begin corresponding with the person who is at fault’s insurance company, notifying them of the claim.
    Once the insurance company have responded accepting fault, your solicitor will then begin gathering all relevant evidence to your claim e.g. medical evidence, proof of loss of earnings.
    Once this has been submitted the insurance company will be able to put forward an offer based upon the information provided. Your solicitor will then negotiate to ensure you obtain the maximum amount of compensation that you are entitled to.

    Want to know more about the process? Our team is here to help and guide you through the entire process, contact us today on 08009961807 and find out how we can help you.

    • No Win No Fee
    • Help accessing medical support and rehabilitation
    • Longstanding links with foreign law experts
    • Offices across the UK

    • Hassle free
      claims process

    • No Win No Fee

    • Nationwide

    • Law Society

    LPS – The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      Who will pay the compensation?

      It is very rare for the employer concerned to actually shoulder the payment of industrial disease compensation. In the vast majority of cases compensation comes from your employer's "Employers Liability Insurance". It is a legal requirement for all UK employers to have a policy of this type.

      Furthermore, in the event that you are still employed by the defendant there are a number of legal safeguards in place to protect you from unfair dismissal or discrimination made on the basis of your claim.

      Can I claim compensation following work in Scotland, if I now live outside of Scotland?

      Yes. Many of our claimants now live abroad in locations such as France, South Africa and Australia. If you worked in Scotland before you moved overseas, you can bring a claim for compensation in the usual way.

      If a family member has died as a result of an industrial disease, can we make a claim?

      It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a deceased family member. However, the claim must be brought within three years of the date of death. Similarly, if the claimant dies during the course of the case, the family can continue with the claim on his or her behalf.

      However, if your family member has an industrial disease and later dies from an unrelated incident, you would have three years to claim in respect of the work related illness from the date they knew or ought to have known they were suffering from the condition, not from the date of the unrelated death.

      What are the time limits for industrial disease claims?

      You can make a claim up to three years from the date the you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering from a work-related illness, or three years from the date of last exposure to any substance or process which has caused the condition (whichever is the later date).

      Given that many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, it may be that you need to make a claim decades after the firm responsible for your illness has ceased to trade. But, as long as it is within three years of diagnosis of an industrial disease, it may still be possible to claim compensation when retired or no longer work for the former employer responsible for causing your illness.

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Where we offer No Win No Fee services typically customers pay 25% of the amount recovered to our solicitors, although this will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be less than this but it will never be more.

      You can find our terms of use, privacy policy and our cookie policy here.

      LPS Solicitors undertakes marketing activities which comply with Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct 2011 (in particular, Chapter 8 - Publicity). The information published or provided on this website is for information purposes only.

      The materials including but not limited to text, images, graphics, on this website do not constitute as legal advice and are provided for general information purposes only. No warranty, whether express or implied is given in relation to such materials on this website. We shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall we be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to this website. If you need any legal advice, please contact us through chat, email or telephone number provided on this website.

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634