• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Highway Accident Injury Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Highway Accident Injury Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

  • Free initial

  • No hidden

  • Hassle free
    claims process

Highway Accident Injury Compensation Claims Solicitors

Road Traffic Accident (RTA) Claims

Road traffic accident claims can be made depending on the type of accident that has happened. Such claims are put in place to protect car drivers, pedestrians, passengers, cyclists and bikers, and road accident claims can be made for both direct and personal injuries such as;

• Whiplash injury

• Airbag injury

• Seat belt injury

• Child restraints injury

A road accident can occur because of numerous reasons. No matter what the reasons are however, you must be able to prove that the person you are making the claim against was in the wrong. Most car accidents occur mainly because of;

• Negligence – this can range from mobile phone use, eating or drinking, changing music in the car, to alcohol or drug consumption while driving.

• Weather conditions – Road accidents can occur in many instances due to perverse weather conditions such as snow, rainy weather and icy roads.

• Recklessness – driving with no concern for traffic signs is another major cause of road accidents. Speeding too can be termed as recklessness and distractions in or outside of the car can also lead to road mishaps.

• Poor road maintenance – poor roads are another leading cause of road accidents. Construction, poor road signs and potholes are examples of poor road maintenance.

• Car malfunction – cars will in most cases have a system failure system where one of the devices may have stopped functioning. Common equipment that may fail in the car include the brakes, poor road tyre traction and steering wheel malfunction.

What to do now?

We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807

    Highway Accident Injury Compensation Claims Solicitors

    What To Do If You Are Involved In A Road Traffic Accident

    Even though a lot of confusion takes place after a traffic collision, there are a few things you should be sure to do if you are involved in a road traffic accident.

    These few steps will help ease the road traffic accident claims process, so be sure to do the following if you can;

    • Share information with the other party. This includes phone number, names, insurance details, addresses and car registration numbers.

    • Take photos of the accident. This is a helpful precaution as it gives vivid details of the collision. In addition, it will help you to keep track of where the accident occurred.

    • Write down the model of the other parties car, the colour, year and the amount of damage suffered.

    • If there are any witnesses around, take down their information as well.

    • Be sure you note down who the owner of the car is in case he/she was not the driver.

    • Refrain from discussing the accident. Issues such as who was in the wrong, how to go about reporting it to the insurance companies etc. should be avoided.

    • Make sure to report the accident to the police just in case of future disagreements with the other party.

    • Inform your insurance company of the accident as well. This should be done as soon as possible.

    • Hassle free
      claims process

    • Nationwide

    • Law Society

    LPS – The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      Who will pay the compensation?

      It is very rare for the employer concerned to actually shoulder the payment of industrial disease compensation. In the vast majority of cases compensation comes from your employer's "Employers Liability Insurance". It is a legal requirement for all UK employers to have a policy of this type.

      Furthermore, in the event that you are still employed by the defendant there are a number of legal safeguards in place to protect you from unfair dismissal or discrimination made on the basis of your claim.

      Can I claim compensation following work in Scotland, if I now live outside of Scotland?

      Yes. Many of our claimants now live abroad in locations such as France, South Africa and Australia. If you worked in Scotland before you moved overseas, you can bring a claim for compensation in the usual way.

      If a family member has died as a result of an industrial disease, can we make a claim?

      It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a deceased family member. However, the claim must be brought within three years of the date of death. Similarly, if the claimant dies during the course of the case, the family can continue with the claim on his or her behalf.

      However, if your family member has an industrial disease and later dies from an unrelated incident, you would have three years to claim in respect of the work related illness from the date they knew or ought to have known they were suffering from the condition, not from the date of the unrelated death.

      What are the time limits for industrial disease claims?

      You can make a claim up to three years from the date the you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering from a work-related illness, or three years from the date of last exposure to any substance or process which has caused the condition (whichever is the later date).

      Given that many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, it may be that you need to make a claim decades after the firm responsible for your illness has ceased to trade. But, as long as it is within three years of diagnosis of an industrial disease, it may still be possible to claim compensation when retired or no longer work for the former employer responsible for causing your illness.

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634