• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Pothole Accident Injury Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Pothole Accident Injury Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

  • Free initial

  • No hidden

  • Hassle free
    claims process


Pothole Injury On Public Highways

Sustaining an injury in a public place can have a physical and mental impact. Contact us today to find out if we could help you make a claim for compensation

What to do now?

An accident in a public place can be sudden and leave you in a state of shock. When going about our day-to-day life, walking down the street, shopping or out in a bar the last thing we are concerned about is becoming injured due to someone else’s negligence. We understand how an unexpected injury can result in serious, even if only temporary changes in your daily life and finances.

Whilst we appreciate it can be easy to blame yourself for your accident, however, it is the responsibility of the business owner or local authority to keep you safe. If they have failed this duty of care then you could be eligible to make a personal compensation claim for the injury you have suffered.

Sustaining an injury may leave you feeling frustrated due to the pain restricting you from continuing your daily routines making the recovery process even more difficult to cope with.

Alongside this, you may have had to have time off work, meaning you are receiving no or reduced pay. Due to your injury creating additional expenses such as rehabilitation, medication etc. as well as your usual wage coming in the financial pressure on you and your loved ones can build up unnecessary stress.

This is where compensation can help, by helping cover the cost of additional expenses. Claiming compensation can help you focus on your recovery. Contact our team today and find out how we can help you take the first step.

All our calls are on a free, confidential and on a no-obligation basis, so if you are unsure, have more questions or want to get the ball rolling our legal advice team is here for you, just call on 08009961807 or fill our online form and we can call you back.

What to do now?

We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807


    Potholes Caused By Other Parties

    A public accident can happen just about anywhere, however, we have listed a few examples below:

    • Supermarket accidents – e.g. unmarked hazards in aisles such as a spillage
    • Accidents at work – e.g. when health and safety procedures have not correctly been complied with
    • Pedestrian accidents – e.g. due to poorly maintained pavements
    • An accident involving a child – e.g. whilst at nursery or school

    If your experiences don’t match any of the above circumstances then it doesn’t mean we cannot help. It is likely we can still help you claim the compensation you deserve if you have sustained an injury in the last 3 years due to an accident that wasn’t your fault.

    If you have been involved in an accident then we advise, if possible to do so, to report your incident to a relevant member of staff or the owner, this way they can record the accident and injury.

    Potholes Caused By Other Parties

    We understand that knowing who was at fault for a slip, trip or fall can be difficult, especially because there is often no one around. However, it is a legal requirement for all business owners and local authorities to ensure you are kept safe, failing to do so will mean they have acted negligently towards their duty of care owed to you and other members of the public.

    What is the duty of care?

    It is the duty of the owner of the premises you are in/on to ensure you are safe, meaning they must comply with the laws and regulations regarding health and safety to ensure the risk of you or other members of the public is low.

    For example this could include:

    • Ensuring spillages are properly signposted and cleaned up in a reasonable timeframe
    • Making sure there are no hazards in walkways such as obstacles like boxes
    • Ensuring there is adequate lighting

    Similarly, the local authority or Highways Agency have a duty to ensure public pavements/walkways are properly maintained as when pavements become loose or cracked an injury could occur.

    If your accident feels wrong and you feel like the duty of care owed to you has been neglected then contact us today. Contacting our legal advice team is free, confidential and under no-obligation, so you don’t need to worry about feeling rushed or pressured into claiming, we will simply advise you of your options so you can make an informed decision.

    How Compensation Can Help You In A Public Accident?

    Although no amount of money can take away the pain and suffering you and your loved ones have endured from your injury it can help ease some of the additional stresses by helping to cover injury-related expenses.

    We don’t just look at your injury whilst negotiating your compensation, we will also look to cover the impacts your injury has had on all aspects of yours and your families’ lives such as:

    • Loss of earnings
    • Future loss of earnings
    • Adaptations made to your home and/or vehicle
    • Medical expenses including treatment, medication, rehabilitation
    • Effects on hobbies and/or your social life
    • Other additional expenses e.g. travel expenses
    • Care received, even if it was provided by a family member

    As we assess all cases on an individual basis we, unfortunately, cannot provide a final settlement figure at this stage. However, if you wish to find out an estimated amount you could receive for your injury then try our claims compensation calculator.

    How LPS Are Confident We Can Help You In A Public Accidents?

    As well as our proven success rate in obtaining thousands in compensation settlements for personal injury claims all across the UK, our customer satisfaction goes beyond that. We at LPS, feel it is important for everyone to have access to the advice they need when it comes to their legal rights and know what they deserve after an accident.

    We feel it is unfair for anybody who has been injured, as a result of an accident, that wasn’t their fault to be left uncompensated especially when there are so many factors of life it can impact on physical, mental and financial.

    If you have suffered due to someone else’s negligence of any type, it is important you seek legal advice. That’s why our initial consultations are free, tailored to your circumstances and you are under no-obligation.

    If you want to make a claim or just want to discuss your experiences and find out your options then contact our legally trained team of advisors today on 08009961807.

    • No Win No Fee
    • Help accessing medical support and rehabilitation
    • Longstanding links with foreign law experts
    • Offices across the UK

    • Hassle free
      claims process

    • Nationwide

    • Law Society

    LPS – The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      Who will pay the compensation?

      It is very rare for the employer concerned to actually shoulder the payment of industrial disease compensation. In the vast majority of cases compensation comes from your employer's "Employers Liability Insurance". It is a legal requirement for all UK employers to have a policy of this type.

      Furthermore, in the event that you are still employed by the defendant there are a number of legal safeguards in place to protect you from unfair dismissal or discrimination made on the basis of your claim.

      Can I claim compensation following work in Scotland, if I now live outside of Scotland?

      Yes. Many of our claimants now live abroad in locations such as France, South Africa and Australia. If you worked in Scotland before you moved overseas, you can bring a claim for compensation in the usual way.

      If a family member has died as a result of an industrial disease, can we make a claim?

      It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a deceased family member. However, the claim must be brought within three years of the date of death. Similarly, if the claimant dies during the course of the case, the family can continue with the claim on his or her behalf.

      However, if your family member has an industrial disease and later dies from an unrelated incident, you would have three years to claim in respect of the work related illness from the date they knew or ought to have known they were suffering from the condition, not from the date of the unrelated death.

      What are the time limits for industrial disease claims?

      You can make a claim up to three years from the date the you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering from a work-related illness, or three years from the date of last exposure to any substance or process which has caused the condition (whichever is the later date).

      Given that many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, it may be that you need to make a claim decades after the firm responsible for your illness has ceased to trade. But, as long as it is within three years of diagnosis of an industrial disease, it may still be possible to claim compensation when retired or no longer work for the former employer responsible for causing your illness.

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634