• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Hit & Run Accident Injury claim
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Hit & Run Accident Injury claim
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

  • Free initial

  • No hidden

  • Hassle free
    claims process

  • No Win No Fee


What Should I Do After A Car Accident?

It is a common misconception that whiplash is a minor injury and due to this whiplash claims have been given a bad reputation. However, contrary to belief, people who suffer a whiplash injury can face long-lasting and extremely painful effects and serious cases can have permanent symptoms.
A whiplash injury is a specific type of neck injury and is sustained by a person having a sudden jolt or stretching their neck, which causes damage to the ligaments. The effects of whiplash can often lead to impacts on your daily life due to the pain and restricted mobility resulting in some people having to take time off work and stop driving whilst they are recovering.
If you are recovering from a whiplash injury it is important you take the time you need to ensure you have a speedy recovery. We understand that taking time off work due to an injury can often build financial strains making you feel pressured to going back to work sooner than what your body should, this is where claiming compensation can help.
When claiming for a whiplash injury, as well as the pain and suffering, we will consider all aspects that have been impacted in your life due to your injury, including your finances. This means we will look to cover your lost earnings and any future lost earnings you may have, we will also consider and medical related expenses (treatment, rehabilitation, medication etc.) travel cost and any impact your injury may have had on your loved ones.
Whiplash can be caused in many ways if you have had a whiplash injury due to an accident that wasn’t your fault get in touch with our legal advice team today and find out how we can help.

Understanding What A Hit And Run Accident Is

The most commonly known cause of a whiplash injury is a car accident, however, an accident that causes you to have a sudden jolt to your neck may leave you with a whiplash injury.
Whiplash is stiffness and pain to the soft tissue around the neck area and is a common injury which affects the muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Symptoms of whiplash do not always appear straight away, sometimes taking a few days to surface but after this, the pain can grow increasingly worse. These symptoms include:

  • Headaches
  • Swelling
  • Inflammation
  • Numbness
  • Blurred vision
  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Pain – in the shoulders, arms and sometimes back area
  • Bruising
  • Muscle spasms
  • Tinnitus

If you have some of these symptoms or feel you have whiplash then it is advisable to see your GP, they can ensure you receive the correct treatment and assess the extent of your injuries.
It is not uncommon for whiplash injuries to result in more than a strain or sprain, some of the more severe cases of whiplash can lead to fractures in your neck or damage caused to your spine.

What to do now?

Although compensation may be the last thing on someone’s mind when suffering an injury from an accident that wasn’t their fault, we have seen first hand how claiming the compensation you deserve can help you get back on the right track and aid your recovery process.
If you’re thinking about making a claim then the first step is as easy as making a telephone call. Contacting our team will mean you can speak with a legally trained advisor and gain tailored advice regarding your situation.
After speaking with our team on a free, confidential, no-obligation basis you will be able to make an informed decision about whether you want to claim without having to worry about being pressured into it.
If you decide you want to make a claim our team will set your file up quickly, answering any further queries you may have and explaining the entire process along the way.
Contact our team on 08009961807 to find out how we can help you claim the compensation you deserve, or if you want to speak at a later time fill our online form and we can call you at an arranged time.

What to do now?

We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

Your Clam

Start your personal injury claim now!

Check Now

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807


    What To Do After A Hit And Run Accident

    Road traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries. Whether your injury was as a result of a car, motorcycle or bicycle accident if the impact leads to a sudden jolt to your neck causing an injury then we are confident we can help you.
    If you have been involved in a road traffic accident then you may have been left without transport causing additional out of pocket expenses e.g. paying for alternative travel.
    Making a claim for whiplash as a result of a road traffic accident means we can look to cover all out of pocket expenses e.g. medical treatment, travel costs, care and loss of earnings as well as compensate you for the injuries you have sustained. To find out more about what we can consider when claiming your compensation contact our team today.

    I Was A Passenger, Can I Still Make A Hit & Run Accident Injury Claim?

    Whether you were a passenger in a friends car, on public transport or in a privately hired vehicle such as a taxi then you could still be eligible to make a personal compensation claim.
    Your claim will be made against the person who is responsible for the accident, even if the person who was driving the vehicle you was in is at fault, you could still make a claim.
    It is a common concern when making a passenger claim about how it will affect the driver, especially if you know the person. But don’t worry or feel hesitant about claiming the compensation you deserve. Your claim will be made against their insurance company meaning the person who is at fault will not be left out of pocket.

    How Much Compensation Will I Receive For Hit & Run Accident Injuries?

    Every case is assessed on an individual basis due to each case having its unique circumstances. This is to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
    To gain an idea of how much compensation you may be entitled to try our claims compensation calculator.
    In order to assess how much you will be entitled to your solicitor will consider the effects caused on your work and personal life as well as the pain and suffering caused by the injury sustained.

    Therefore, when assessing the amount and claiming your compensation, your solicitor will look to cover:

    • The pain sustained due to your injury
    • The impact the injury has had on your life
    • Any loss of earnings you may have had due to time off work due to the injury
    • Any medical expenses including treatment and medication
    • Care received, even if given free e.g. by a family member

    I Want To Make A Hit& Run Accident Injury Claim, What Do I Do?

    If you want to start your personal injury claim today then contact our legal advice team, we will be able to guide you further on the process, answer any questions you may have, assess your claim and get you matched to an experienced specialist solicitor with a proven success rate.

    We can get your claim up and running in one quick and easy phone call, or you can fill in your details and we’ll call you.

    • No Win No Fee
    • Help accessing medical support and rehabilitation
    • Longstanding links with foreign law experts
    • Offices across the UK

    • Hassle free
      claims process

    • No Win No Fee

    • Nationwide

    • Law Society

    LPS – The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      Who will pay the compensation?

      It is very rare for the employer concerned to actually shoulder the payment of industrial disease compensation. In the vast majority of cases compensation comes from your employer's "Employers Liability Insurance". It is a legal requirement for all UK employers to have a policy of this type.

      Furthermore, in the event that you are still employed by the defendant there are a number of legal safeguards in place to protect you from unfair dismissal or discrimination made on the basis of your claim.

      Can I claim compensation following work in Scotland, if I now live outside of Scotland?

      Yes. Many of our claimants now live abroad in locations such as France, South Africa and Australia. If you worked in Scotland before you moved overseas, you can bring a claim for compensation in the usual way.

      If a family member has died as a result of an industrial disease, can we make a claim?

      It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a deceased family member. However, the claim must be brought within three years of the date of death. Similarly, if the claimant dies during the course of the case, the family can continue with the claim on his or her behalf.

      However, if your family member has an industrial disease and later dies from an unrelated incident, you would have three years to claim in respect of the work related illness from the date they knew or ought to have known they were suffering from the condition, not from the date of the unrelated death.

      What are the time limits for industrial disease claims?

      You can make a claim up to three years from the date the you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering from a work-related illness, or three years from the date of last exposure to any substance or process which has caused the condition (whichever is the later date).

      Given that many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, it may be that you need to make a claim decades after the firm responsible for your illness has ceased to trade. But, as long as it is within three years of diagnosis of an industrial disease, it may still be possible to claim compensation when retired or no longer work for the former employer responsible for causing your illness.

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634