• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Visa Extension & Renewal Application
Expert Immigration Solicitors

Visa Extension & Renewal Application
Expert Immigration Solicitors

  • Free initial

  • Expert Immigration

  • Hassle free

Do I need to submit a UK Visa application?

Non-EEA citizens who wish to visit and/or stay in the UK, need to apply for a UK Visa.
The possession of a visa means that you have fulfilled the mandatory requirements and that you are entitled to spend a certain amount of time in the UK, and that your details have been collected by the national authorities.
To maximise your chances of success, you must ensure that you are applying for the correct visa type for your case. For this reason, you should ask for the help of an immigration lawyer.
Get in touch with LPS’ team of experienced immigration specialists to receive comprehensive guidance on your UK Visa application. You can call us on 0333 305 9578 or enquire online.

UK visa extension applications

With most visa categories you are able to apply for a UK visa extension so that you can stay in the country for longer. This means that you can spend more time with family and friends, work at a job you enjoy or study for an extended amount of time in the UK.
Our immigration team can help you establish if you are eligible to extend your visa, and can assist you in filling out your application and submitting it to the Home Office.
Visa extension applications can be complicated, which is why we’re here to help you. Let our team take the wheel, and get you where you need to go with the best chance of success.

Extensions to Existing Visas

Each visa has its own eligibility criteria and validity period. In order to avoid breaching immigration rules and ultimately risk exposure to removal from the UK, those subject to immigration control should always ensure that they have made adequate arrangements to leave the UK before their visa expires.
In some cases, you may find it necessary to seek an extension of your existing visa/leave to ensure that you remain legal and compliant with the terms of your visa.
A valid visa is considered to be a valid period of leave. If you wish to extend your existing valid visa, you will require a further leave to remain.
This is a particularly complex area of law as the application process varies depending on your circumstances and the reason why you are requesting an extension.
Extension applications attract sizeable Home Office application processing fees and extensions over 6 months in duration are also subject to an Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fee.
Home Office application fees are non refundable so it is important that the applications are done correctly first time around to avoid costly mistakes.

If your application for a UK visa extension was denied

We understand that if you have applied for an UK visa renewal and have been rejected, then you may feel disheartened, especially if you have begun to see the UK as your home. However, all hope is not lost, because in some instances you may be able to submit a reconsideration request.
You can do this if you think the Home Office has not followed UK immigration rules or policies correctly in their process of making a decision on your application.
Our solicitors can help you submit your request as long as you meet all the requirements and there seems to have been a genuine error made by the Home Office. We can draft a letter on your behalf which will outline why we think the decision was wrong and send it to the Home Office. We can only help you do this within 14 days of the date you received your letter of denial.
You should note that you are only eligible to submit one reconsideration request, so it is best to seek advice before doing so. Your visa renewal application may have been rejected because you no longer fit in the visa category, and would be best applying via another route. Our team will be able to establish if this is the case, and can help you submit a new application.

Expert help with your visa extension

The extension process can be complicated and lengthy, but with our immigration solicitors by your side you can rest assured that we will make it as easy as possible for you. We can help you submit an extension application, or help if you have been rejected. We can establish what UK visa category suits you best, and will make sure that you are happy with your application before we send it to the Home Office.
Visa renewal in the UK doesn’t have to make you feel stressed and anxious. Our expert UK visa extension team based in Manchester and Blackburn will make sure that your process is as simple as it can be, getting you the result you need.

What to do now?

We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

LPS - The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

Live Chat

Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

Request a callback

    Why Choose Us?

    • Expert Immigration Solicitors Advice
    • Expericed Soliters
    • Hassle Free Processes
    • No Win No Fee
    • Nationwide Support
    • Law Society Accredited
    • Quick Results
    • Free Initial No Obligation Advice

    Just for any further help

    Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      What Are the UK Child Dependent Visa requirements?
      The dependent child of a British Citizen or a person with settled status can apply for permission to enter and remain in the UK temporarily or permanently. To qualify, the Home Office must be satisfied that the child is:

      • under the age of 18;
      • not leading an independent life;
      • not married or in a civil partnership; and
      • has not formed an independent family unit.

      There are several additional requirements, with more for adopted children.

      If the parent of the dependent child applies to enter or remain in the UK as a partner or parent, they must meet a financial requirement. In all other cases, the parent will need to show they can accommodate the child without help from public funds. In some cases, depending on the status of the parent(s) settlement, the child may need to apply as a points-based system (PBS) dependent

      More information on Child Dependent Visas

      Am I eligible for an Adult Dependent Visa?
      As the parent, grandparent, sibling or child over the age of 18 of a British citizen or a person with settled status in the UK, you can only apply for permission to come here in exceptional circumstances, ie; where you need long-term personal care that your UK sponsor can provide.

      The application must be made from outside the UK and your visa must be obtained before travelling.

      More information on Adult Dependent Visas

      Am I eligible for a UK Ancestry Visa?
      You may be eligible for a British Ancestry Visa if you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country and one of your grandparents was born in either the UK, before March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland or on a British-registered ship or aircraft.
      You cannot claim UK ancestry through step-parents.

      A British Ancestry Visa allows holders to live, work and study in the UK for a period of up to five years, at which point they may be eligible to apply for a renewal or apply for settled status in the UK.

      Find out more about UK Ancestry Visas

      Can I join my migrant relative in the UK?

      As the partner or dependent child (under 18) of a migrant who is in or coming to the UK under most categories of the points-based system, you can apply for a visa to join them here as a PBS dependent.

      You will need to show that:

      • you intend to live with the migrant worker, and
      • your relationship is genuine.

      Or for children:

      • you have not formed an independent family unit, or
      • are leading an independent life.

      The migrant worker will also need to prove that they can support you without relying on public funds.

      Is there a visa for parents of British citizens?
      As as the parent of a child who is a British citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply for permission to enter or stay here. You will need to show that:

      • you have sole responsibility for the child, or at the very least access rights;
      • you can maintain yourself without relying on public funds;
      • you meet the suitability and English language requirements.

      If you meet all the requirements you will be given temporary permission to remain in the UK for 30 months. You will be eligible to stay for a further 30 months if you continue to meet the requirements and after five years you can apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).

      If you are outside the UK you must obtain your visa before travelling.

      If you are already in the UK you will be eligible so long as you are not on a Visitor Visa or on temporary admission, permission to stay was not given for a period of less than six months (unless as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) and you are not in breach of the Immigration Rules (overstaying for less than 28 days will not be taken into account).

      I am here under the Points Based System (PBS) - can my family members join me?
      Yes, generally your family members will be able to join you if you are in the UK on a visa under the Points Based System. For further information, you may want to take a look at Spouse/Partner Visas, as well as Dependent Visas, or speak to one of our immigration experts.
      I have been refused a Family Visa UK – can I appeal?

      As the law currently stands, you will be able to appeal in the event that your UK Family Visa is refused.

      In the event that your application is refused, there may be other options even after the refusal. Speak to an immigration lawyer to get the best and most up to date advice.

      The law at the present time in respect of Visit Visas does not allow for a full right of appeal. You can only appeal such visas on very restricted grounds. If you have been refused a Family Visit Visa it is advisable to speak to one of our experts to advise on your options.

      What services does LPS offer?

      With our team of expert immigration lawyers, we will be able to assist you with any type of Family Visa application.

      We will:

      • assess your eligibility for a Family Visa;
      • assess whether your UK relative is eligible to act as your sponsor;
      • help you make sure you have acceptable proof of your relationship to your relative for your application;
      • perform a full document check to ensure that they are sufficient;
      • confer with you in person, via phone or Skype at a suitable time for you;
      • prepare a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This is a document containing information about your case and its merits. It will also reference all relevant UK immigration laws that might support your application;
      • liaise with the Home Office throughout the process;
      • complete each part of your application in full and to a professional standard

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634