• 08009961807Free Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Request A Callback

Holiday Sickness & Illness Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Holiday Sickness & Illness Claims
Personal Injuries Compensation Solicitors

Our Practice Areas

Food Poisoning Abroad Compensation

Bed Bugs Compensation Claims Solicitors

Parasite Compensation Claims Solicitors

Pool Bugs Compensation Claims Solicitors

Just for any further help

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 08009961807

    If Your Holiday Went Wrong, We Can Help

    We understand that a holiday is the biggest yearly investment that most of us will make, the anticipation and excitement after months of saving and planning can be overwhelming and for most of us this feeling is rewarded with a fun, relaxing time, but what when something goes wrong?

    An injury while on holiday is unexpected, to say the least. Alongside the pain, you are suffering, being in an unfamiliar place away from your home comforts can result in additional stress and inconveniences.

    If you have had an accident on holiday that wasn’t your fault, then we could be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve. To find out more contact our legal advice team today on 08000 250 250. We can advise in minutes if we could help you and provide you with the tailored support and guidance you need to ensure you make the right decision for you.

    What Are The Types Of Holiday Accidents I Can Claim For?

    Each person we speak to has their own individual circumstances and with our experience, we are certain your situation will differ to everyone else’s; however, there are a few of the common types of holiday accidents you can claim for:

    • Slip, trip or fall – due to wet floors or objects left in walkways etc.
    • Injuries caused by a rental car – if the vehicle was substandard or defective
    • Injuries sustained in sporting activities – e.g. skiing or water sports
    • Injuries sustained while on a day excursion
    • If you have been injured on foreign public transport
    • Holiday sickness claims

    If you have been injured while on a cruise, boat, plane or on a beach then we could also help you claim the compensation you deserve.

    But don’t worry if your type of experience hasn’t been listed, as mentioned these are only examples and the best way to find out if we can help you claim compensation is to speak with our legal advisors on 08000 250 250.

    How Can I Make A Holiday Accident Claim?

    Many of us in the UK, travel either for work or pleasure and therefore, accidents are likely to happen. Even though accidents abroad are common it shouldn’t and doesn’t, mean you cannot claim compensation for an injury you have sustained that wasn’t your fault.

    Your compensation claim will be made in the country of where your accident happened; this means these types of compensation claims can be difficult in comparison to claiming in the UK, as your claim will be made subject to the law within that country. This could also affect the amount of compensation you could be entitled to or your rights to claim compensation.

    There are regulations and bodies set out in order to help you claim the compensation you deserve and get the support you need after your accident including the Packages Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulation Act 1992. This particular Act aids travellers to claim compensation if they have sustained an injury on a package holiday in the UK.

    If you have travelled independently and not used a package holiday then we could still help you, you were owed a duty of care, by your hotel, their staff and any other company you came in to contact with on your travels, to ensure your safety.

    If something terrible happens while on holiday it can ruin your time away when it has happened through the negligence of someone else it can add to the distress. Claim for your holiday accident doesn’t have to impact the rest of your year though, Direct Solicitors can help you claim the compensation you deserve on a No Win No Fee basis.

    What to do now?

    We suggest that you contact our expert team for a free no-obligation consultation. There is nothing to lose! If you are busy, you can click here to arrange a callback time or alternatively, you can call 08009961807 and ask to speak to our family department experts.

    LPS – The Multi-Service Law Firm of Choice!

    Live Chat

    Talk with us about your case and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

    Request a callback

      Offering Real Time Support Nationwide

      Our firm will treat you as an individual and not a number; we genuinely care about you and your family’s wellbeing. We are dedicated team experienced in dealing with complex cases. We will offer support at every step of the way and ensure that you are supported throughout you case/claim. We also have access to a range of experts that can assist us ensuring that your case/claim will present in best possible way. We offers a free no-obligation consultation so why not take us up on this offer and decide if we are the expert solicitors for you.

      Get in Touch

      Our Practice Areas

      Personal Injury

      Medical Negligence


      Industrial Disease

      Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution

      Read what our customers say about our service...


      We rated great

      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

      Who will pay the compensation?

      It is very rare for the employer concerned to actually shoulder the payment of industrial disease compensation. In the vast majority of cases compensation comes from your employer's "Employers Liability Insurance". It is a legal requirement for all UK employers to have a policy of this type.

      Furthermore, in the event that you are still employed by the defendant there are a number of legal safeguards in place to protect you from unfair dismissal or discrimination made on the basis of your claim.

      Can I claim compensation following work in Scotland, if I now live outside of Scotland?

      Yes. Many of our claimants now live abroad in locations such as France, South Africa and Australia. If you worked in Scotland before you moved overseas, you can bring a claim for compensation in the usual way.

      If a family member has died as a result of an industrial disease, can we make a claim?

      It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a deceased family member. However, the claim must be brought within three years of the date of death. Similarly, if the claimant dies during the course of the case, the family can continue with the claim on his or her behalf.

      However, if your family member has an industrial disease and later dies from an unrelated incident, you would have three years to claim in respect of the work related illness from the date they knew or ought to have known they were suffering from the condition, not from the date of the unrelated death.

      What are the time limits for industrial disease claims?

      You can make a claim up to three years from the date the you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering from a work-related illness, or three years from the date of last exposure to any substance or process which has caused the condition (whichever is the later date).

      Given that many industrial diseases take a long time to develop, it may be that you need to make a claim decades after the firm responsible for your illness has ceased to trade. But, as long as it is within three years of diagnosis of an industrial disease, it may still be possible to claim compensation when retired or no longer work for the former employer responsible for causing your illness.

      Get in Touch today and let us know how we can help you 08009961807

      Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you call us 24/7 on 0333 996 3634